Home > News > Company News > Adams Glass engulfed in flames

Adams Glass engulfed in flames

Post Time:Dec 01,2011Classify:Company NewsView:230

Adams Glass, the iconic stained glass studio on U.S. 231 between Troy and Brundidge, was engulfed in flames Wednesday morning.

 

The fire apparently started from a wood-burning heater in the shop, and artist and owner Charles Adams was in the studio at the time of the fire. More than a dozen firefighters battled to control the fire, but the flames spread quickly through the wooden structure. Flames leapt more than 50 feet in the air as the attic burned and the sounds of shattering glass and breaking windows could be heard as the fire spread from room to room. Dozens of family members, friends and community residents gathered around Adams and his wife, Mary, as their family business burn.

 

“It’s gone; it’s all gone,” Mary sobbed to a friend.

 

The business was first opened in 1953 by Charles Adams’ father, Sam, as a nut shop. Charles Adams, an acclaimed stained glass artist, converted the shop to his studio and store. He had recently held the annual Christmas open house to debut his annual collectible ornament in the shop.

Source: www.troymessenger.comAuthor: shangyi

Related News

Hot News

返回顶部