Home > News > Industry News > Glass worker burned in explosion

Glass worker burned in explosion

Post Time:Jul 23,2009Classify:Industry NewsView:97

A man was injured Wednesday afternoon when a jug of solvent he was working with exploded at a Hilton Head Island [S.C.]glass company.

The man, whose identity was not released, was airlifted to a burn center in Augusta, Ga., with serious but non life-threatening injuries, said Cliff Steedley, a battalion chief with the Town of Hilton Head Fire and Rescue Division.

The explosion occurred at 3:27 p.m. at Labbé Glass, 4C Hunter Road. It did not cause any damage to the building, according to a July 22 report in The Island Packet.

Read full article

Share this article:

Source: http://www.glassmagazine.com/news-item/retail/glass-worker-burned-explosionAuthor:

Hot News

返回顶部