Home > News > Company News > Belron Reports First-Quarter Growth of 17 Percent in Sales

Belron Reports First-Quarter Growth of 17 Percent in Sales

Post Time:May 19,2009Classify:Company NewsView:262

Belron S.A. has reported growth of 17 percent during the first quarter of 2009, with 12 percent organic growth and 5 percent from acquisitions. The company reports that its total repair and replacement jobs grew by 17 percent.

In Europe, the company reported that it achieved sales growth of around 14 percent, consisting of 18 percent organic growth and 1 percent acquired growth, and offset by an adverse currency impact of 5 percent, due to the weak pound in Great Britain, according to a statement issued by Belron's parent company, D'Ieteren.

"The sales growth was delivered through increased marketing activities and by maintaining close relationships with insurers and fleet partners," reads the statement. "The Northern European businesses also benefited from very favorable winter weather conditions compared to 2008."

The company attributes its acquisition growth in Europe to the purchase of Mobilglass of Denmark in November 2008.

Outside Europe, Belron reports sales growth of around 22 percent, comprising 4 percent organic growth and 12 percent acquired growth. The purchase of Diamond Glass resulted in the growth, the company says.

"In the [United States], the continued investment in marketing activities has enabled the business to grow despite the challenging market conditions," reads the statement.

Belron also pointed out that it has signed a franchise agreement to open branches in Chile.

The company did not offer specific numbers for the growth reported in monetary figures.

Source: Belron S.A.Author: shangyi

Related News

Hot News

返回顶部