Home > News > Industry News > Glass worker burned in explosion

Glass worker burned in explosion

Post Time:Jul 24,2009Classify:Industry NewsView:283

A man was injured Wednesday afternoon when a jug of solvent he was working with exploded at a Hilton Head Island glass company.

The man, whose identity was not released, was airlifted to a burn center in Augusta, Ga., with serious but non life-threatening injuries, said Cliff Steedley, a battalion chief with the Town of Hilton Head Fire and Rescue Division.

The explosion occurred at 3:27 p.m. at Labbé Glass, 4C Hunter Road. It did not cause any damage to the building.

Steedley said the solvent is lit during the process of cutting glass and is colorless when it burns.

A phone call to the company was not immediately returned Wednesday evening.

Source: www.islandpacket.comAuthor: shangyi

Related News

Hot News

返回顶部