- Price of Molecular Sieve Filling Machine on November 26, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-11-26]
- Price of PVB Film on November 26, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-11-26]
- Price of Small insulating glass washing machine on November 25, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-11-25]
- Price of Safety glass on November 25, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-11-25]
- Price of float glass on November 24, 2014 from Yunpeng Glass[2014-11-24]
New endurance test confirms: SCHOTT Solar modules even stand up to air that contains salt
- Post Time:2012-3-9
- Click Amount:207
SCHOTT Solar AG again reports that its quality strategy has been confirmed by TÜV Rheinland: the modules from the SCHOTT PERFORM POLY series have now passed the salt spray corrosion test at the most difficult level of 6. This test came into effect in December 2011 as the IEC standard 61701: 2011 Ed.2. The company received the official certificate from TÜV Rheinland at the end of February. Furthermore, SCHOTT Solar will be submitting a declaration of identical construction for other models. SCHOTT Solar thus documents that high-quality modules from this German manufacturer guarantee reliable electricity yields for years, even under the most challenging conditions.
To make sure that an investment in a solar system pays off, the modules must be capable of generating high electricity yields for decades and stand up to various environmental influences, including salty air, for example. “This issue is obviously particularly important for modules that are to be installed in coastal areas. Nevertheless, air can contain salt even further inland. The remains it leaves behind on the modules can cause corrosive damages after it rains again. The TÜV Rheinland test has confirmed that this is not the case with SCHOTT Solar modules,” explains Christian Thiemann, Product Marketing Manager for SCHOTT Solar.
The new extreme test developed by TÜV Rheinland subjects modules to the stress that they would experience in coastal areas, for example. The new most challenging level of difficulty 6 is unique in that it calls for modules to be subjected to eight test cycles in 56 days. Here, the modules are sprayed with salt water for two hours at a time, then attacked by a 5% sodium chloride solution and finally stored at 40°C and 93% humidity for 20 hours.
“As a matter of principle, we test SCHOTT Solar modules at our own test facilities twice as strictly as the international IEC standard calls for. The new salt spray test now also confirms that modules from SCHOTT Solar offer long-term stability even under the most challenging conditions,” Thiemann adds.
Guarantee applies even near the sea
SCHOTT Solar also offers its normal linear performance guarantee that ranges from between 25 and 30 years depending on the type of module for installations close to the sea. Customers are on the safe side with the SCHOTT PERFORM POLY assuming that they are installed properly in accordance with the mounting and installation instructions that apply when the modules are to be installed and the modules do not come into direct contact with salt water and the materials used in the frame and mounting system are resistant to electrical corrosion.
- Copyright and Exemption Declaration :ï¿½ï¿½All articles, pictures and videos that are marked with "China Glass Network" on this website are copyright and belong to China Glass Network (www.glassinchina.com). When transshipment, any media, website or individual must list the source from "China Glass Network (www.glassinchina.com)". We seek legal actions against anyone that disobey this. ï¿½ï¿½Articles that marked as copy from others are for transferring more information to readers, do not represent or endorse their opinions or accuracy and reliability. When other media, website or individuals copy from our website, must keep the source. Anyone that changes the articles' sources will hold the responsibilities for copyright and law problems. We also seek legal actions against anyone that disobey this. ï¿½ï¿½If any articles copied by our website concern the copyright and other problems, please contact us within one week.