- Price of Tempered Float Glass on March 10th, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-03-10]
- Price of Float Glass on March 10th, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-03-10]
- Price of Tempered Glass on March 10th, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-03-10]
- Price of Low-E Glass on March 7th, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-03-07]
- Price of Float Glass on March 7th, 2014 from China Glass Network[2014-03-07]
Learn about flat and technical glass market in Jan.-Feb. 2009
- Post Time:2009-3-31
- Click Amount:817
The total output of flat glass in January and February was 85.37 million weight cases, dropped by 7.1% year-on-year; the output of float glass was 69.94 million weight cases, down 7%.
42 flat glassmakers shut down
In January and February, 42 scaled flat glassmakers shut down, which reduced the annual capacity at about 100 million weight cases. 9 float glass companies closed up and 42 companies lowered the production by 7.06 million weight cases, some of which reduced by more than 40%.
Sales of flat glass decreased and price collapsed
The sales-output ratio of flat glass remained the same over the same period of last year at 93.81%. However, the sales of flat glass of key companies was 58.65 million weight cases in January and February, fallen by 2.65% on year; the ending inventory was 27.21 million weight cases, reduced by 1.21 million weight cases. The average EXW price of flat glass slumped to 59.61 yuan/weight cases in February, down 11.61 yuan/weight cases, and float glass down 14 yuan/weight cases.
Drop in the output of technical glass applied across-the-broad
Affected by the falling exports and the flagging domestic market, the rapid-growth technical glass market was undergoing output woes in January and February. The output of hollow glass was 2.95 million sqm, down 36.5% on year; tempered glass 13.81 million sqm, down 21.4%; and laminated glass 3.32 million sqm, down 17.1%.
Flat glass, as the upstream industry of technical glass, was inevitably affected in its demand by the drop in output of technical glass.
- Copyright and Exemption Declaration :ï¿½ï¿½All articles, pictures and videos that are marked with "China Glass Network" on this website are copyright and belong to China Glass Network (www.glassinchina.com). When transshipment, any media, website or individual must list the source from "China Glass Network (www.glassinchina.com)". We seek legal actions against anyone that disobey this. ï¿½ï¿½Articles that marked as copy from others are for transferring more information to readers, do not represent or endorse their opinions or accuracy and reliability. When other media, website or individuals copy from our website, must keep the source. Anyone that changes the articles' sources will hold the responsibilities for copyright and law problems. We also seek legal actions against anyone that disobey this. ï¿½ï¿½If any articles copied by our website concern the copyright and other problems, please contact us within one week.